Lacrimosa: Requiem pour Sascha

Lacrimosa: Requiem pour Sascha - Alice Scarling

I started reading Lacrimosa without any expectations. I must say, it was the best thing I could have done :D. Not that the book was bad, that is not the case, but I found more negatives than positives in the book.

Vampires were never my cup of coffee, but I told myself, that I would give it a shot. But I got totally different story like I firstly assumed, which surprised me a lot.

The biggest surprise was the I-form of writing, which is for me in fantasy stories really troublesome. I hoped that I will get used to it, but unfortunately, I had this problem while reading from the beginning to the end. I have to admit, it lowered the experience form the story. 

I wanted to tear Sasha in half from the very beginning. I haven’t found such unlikable character in a book in a long time. Selfish little star, who has the ability to gat into people heads and take control over their whole body. It seemed weird to me, that in her life Sascha haven’t met someone else, who has powers, because she frequently met vampires. The thing that made me mad the most was, that she believed in vampires, but she didn’t believe in existence of angels. The next thing, which bothered me a lot, was her undying ability solve everything with sex. She reminded me of Laura from the book 365 days.

To not just talk about negatives, I must say that I was surprised who is Sascha’s father. During reading I had one guess, but I wasn’t right. The writer surprised me a lot with this part, which I view as a good thing.

However, I was bothered with the plot most of the book, the ending, gently said, totally got me devastated. I didn’t understand why it had to end exactly this way. But while it is the first book of a trilogy, the end could have been done differently. !SPOILER! she will rise from the dead in the next book? !END OF SPOILER!

The book had a good potential, it could have been written better, but it didn’t end up well. I expected something slightly different, and the story had some bright moment, after reading I was left disappointed. I give it 4,5 points from possible 10.

Thank you @knihonolka_martina that I could join the book relay ^͜^.


Translated by Sue (https://secretworldofdeepsoul.delicate-flower.com/)

Komentáre